- Minimum certification: Junior Open Water/ Open Water
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Time commitment: 1 day (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 2 dives (1 trip)
- Complete self-study PADI manual
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- Purchase and prepare all gear for the course
- Basic scuba gear, available for rent
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool
- Slate with pencil
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE FISH IDENTIFICATION COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
The PADI Fish Identification course will familiarize you with the local fish in Southeastern Florida. You may even see some invasive species such as Lionfish that have been devastating reefs due to a lack of natural predators. Learning about the different groups of fish will also prepare you to identify fish outside of South Florida in similar climates. Become the go-to fish identifier for people who come up on their dive wondering, “what was that fish?” Identifying fish is tremendously helpful for spearfishing, photography and just being able to intelligently talk about the dive afterwards!
DXDIVERS FISH IDENTIFICATION COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 2 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we’re proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you're certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don't have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46-foot Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we’re the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, both air and nitrox fills are included for the necessary dives to complete the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included.
Ask your instructor to focus on fish you’re able to spear as well as those you cannot. If you’re specifically looking for a hunting course, please follow this link to our Spearfishing Specialty course.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
Yes! Whichever adventure dives you complete will count towards the first dive of each respective speciality. For example, the PADI Navigation Specialty requires 3 dives. For Advanced Open Water (AOW), Navigation is required to earn the certification. Once you complete AOW, you will only need 2 more dives to earn your PADI Navigation Specialty certification.