- Minimum certification: Junior Open Water/ Open Water
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Time commitment: 1-2 hours (not including self-study)
- Total dives: no dives required
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
WHAT IS ENRICHED AIR (NITROX)?
- Air we breathe: made up of about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% other gases
- Nitrox uses more than 21% oxygen but less than 40%
- Nitrox has been enriched with oxygen
The PADI Enriched Air course is really just the theory - meaning eLearning and a short one-hour session with an instructor. As soon as you finish the eLearning/book work, give us a call to schedule your session with an instructor. Once you finish that part, you will become a certified nitrox diver!
We can do the nitrox course any time during store hours. Make sure to call us ahead of time at 954-420-0009 to book your one-hour classroom session with an instructor.
Simply put, no. Nitrox is not a universally available gas as it is more expensive and harder to source. Here at DXDivers we always have air and nitrox available for your convenience.
No, there are no dives required for this course. However, we suggest doing the course while taking PADI Advanced Open Water so you have a chance to use it on the dive.