- Minimum age: 15 years old (depth/static limitations apply to those under 18 years old)
- Freediver certified
- Time commitment: 2 days (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 2 dives (1 trip)
- Completed PADI eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- NOTE: You do not have to purchase another eLearning for this course, PADI Freediver comes with all 3 levels of recreational freediving (freediver, advanced, and master)
- Low-volume mask
- Long freediving fins
- Rubber weight belt with weights
- Surface signaling device
- Freediving computer or depth gauge and timer
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PADI ADVANCED FREEDIVER COURSE:
You're a certified Freediver who has the basics down from the knowledge component to reaching a depth of at least 30 feet. Hopefully you've put your skills to the test on one of our Freedive Fridays or through another method of training, now what? Now you will need to hone though skills to reach a new minimum depth of 65 feet. This course will push you to your limits, while giving you the space to expand your horizons - all under the guidance of a seasoned freediving instructor. Take your freediving skills to the next level and watch your practice expand in ways you didn't think we're possible.
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI ADVANCED FREEDIVER COURSE?
- Different breathing and stretching exercises to calm your mind
- Rescue techniques as related to advanced skills
- Methods of equalization
- Use of a monofin, if you're interested
- Growing comfort with freediving and depth
- Opportunity to reach a new maximum depth of 85 feet
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we're proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing freediving experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 scuba, freediving and spearfishing brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Best of all, you can hop on our 46-foot Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we're the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
You first must meet the requirements listed above, minimum of 15 years of age and a certified freediver. Please note that students under the age of 18 will have restrictions when it comes to the static breath hold and maximum depth.
No, we do not rent personal equipment out for course use. Personal equipment like mask, snorkel and fins are essential to your success. They must fit you well so you can get used to diving with that gear. Please note that DXDIVERS students get 10% off gear!
For the course, the maximum depth is 85 feet. In order to pass the course, you must reach 65 feet.
The eLearning is at your own pace so it can take as little or as much time as you’d like. The actual pool and dives are a 2-day process, starting with the pool. Please be aware that boat dives are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Yes, this is a lifetime certification. Make sure to keep sharpening up those freediving skills by joining us for Freedive Fridays, where we either go on the boat or we do a free training session in the pool!
Yes, you must be certified with an accredited agency to be able to freedive off the Lady Go Diver.