- Minimum certification: Open Water
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Time commitment: 3-4 days (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 3 dives
- Confined water pool session: 1 session prior to dives
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- Sidemount BCD/harness
- 2 primary regulators (first and second stages)
- 2 pressure gauges on 6” high pressure hoses
- A 7 foot primary regulator hose
- A 40 inch primary regulator hose
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI SIDEMOUNT SPECIALTY COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
The PADI Sidemount course is designed to get you familiar with a different style of diving. Alleviate your lower back from the weight of the tanks and enjoy the flexibility with sidemount diving, tanks on your sides instead of on your back. Sidemount is especially useful for diving in caverns or the springs in central Florida. This course focuses on the unique equipment needed for the course, how to configure it and set it up as well as switching between two tanks underwater. Learn how to properly trim the weight to maintain streamline and how to respond to possible issues and difficulties when sidemount diving.
DXDIVERS SIDEMOUNT SPECIALTY COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 3 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we’re proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you’re certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don’t have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46’ Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we’re the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, both air and nitrox fills are included throughout the duration of the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
No, we do not rent sidemount gear. It’s highly encouraged that you purchase your own gear that works best for you as this is a specialized form of diving.
Yes! Whichever adventure dives you complete will count towards the first dive of each respective speciality. For example, the PADI Navigation Specialty requires 3 dives. For Advanced Open Water (AOW), Navigation is required to earn the certification. Once you complete AOW, you will only need 2 more dives to earn your PADI Navigation Specialty certification.
The time it takes you to do the eLearning will vary from person to person. Generally, it takes about 2-4 hours to complete.