- Minimum certification: Open Water and Enriched Air certified
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Time commitment: 1 day (not including self-study)
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off within the last 12 months
- Gear is not required for this course since there are no required dives
- DAN insurance
- PADI Gas Blender manual
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI TEC GAS BLENDER SPECIALTY COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
During this course you will focus on the theory behind gas blending. Students will learn different blending methodologies and the advantages/disadvantages of those methodologies. Practically, students will learn how to blend trimix and enriched air (nitrox) within 1% of the target blend. You will also learn how to properly O2 (oxygen) clean valves and other equipment and how to handle oxygen servicing. Additionally, students will also become familiar with potential issues that may arise and how to take precautions.
DXDIVERS TEC GAS BLENDER COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- No dives or pool session required for this course
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we’re proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you're certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don't have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46-foot Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we're the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
No, this course like Enriched Air (Nitrox) is a theory only course, meaning the course takes place in the classroom and in our compressor room at the shop.
Since the course is all done in the classroom, scuba gear or any other equipment is not required.
Yes! This course is an excellent investment particularly if you would like to work in a dive shop.