- Minimum certification: Junior Open Water/ Open Water
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Time commitment: 3-4 days (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 5 dives
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- Basic scuba gear, available for rent or purchase a gear package for a free course
- Safety equipment: surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool, whistle, compass
- Personal equipment: mask, snorkel, fins (boots if using open heel fins), weights, and logbook *Extra gear may be needed depending on chosen specialties*
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
Whether you're a new diver or been diving for years, the PADI Advanced Open Water course will teach you valuable skills that will make you a better diver for yourself and your dive buddy. Develop essential scuba skills like how to use a compass and navigate underwater. Feel what it's like to be under four atmospheres of pressure, how that affects your choices and overall diving. Skills like search and recovery, buoyancy and drift diving are essential to becoming an experienced scuba diver. The wreck adventure dive opens you up to a whole new world as you explore the outer structure of the wreck. See below for some frequently asked questions about the Advanced Open Water course here at DXDivers. Learn more about the nitrox course here.
DXDIVERS ADVANCED OPEN WATER COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 5 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
- Get “Parts for Life” warranty for annual servicing when you buy the gear package and register it with the respective company
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we're proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you're certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don't have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46-foot Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we're the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, you must have your Open Water course completed before taking the Advanced Open Water course and are 12 years of age or older.
No, eLearning or course materials are not included when you purchase the gear package. PADI is a separate entity from our small business. However, we do sell the materials at a reduced rate compared to PADI.
On your deep dive, you will go on a 100 foot dive. If you're looking to become an avid deeper diver, we recommend you do the PADI Deep Speciality, for more information follow this link.
The minimum age for the PADI Advanced Open water course is 12 years of age. If you’re between the ages of 12-14 you will get a Junior Advanced Open Water certification that will be automatically upgraded when you turn 15.
Yes! For example, you’re required to go on four dives for the Wreck Specialty course. If you do the wreck dive as one of your adventure dives, now you only need 3 more dives, and to complete your self-study for the wreck specialty (book or eLearning), to become a Wreck Specialty diver.
No, however, we highly recommend it. There are many benefits to using Nitrox instead of standard air such as longer bottom time and dive time in general, less fatigue and shorter surface intervals. Nitrox is a gas utilizing higher concentrations of oxygen, over 21%, therefore requiring further education.
Yes, both air and/or nitrox fills are included throughout the duration of the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included in the cost of the course.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
Yes, let us know and get a 10% discount!