- Minimum certification: Junior Open Water/ Open Water
- Minimum age: 12
- Time commitment: 1 day (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 2 dives (1 trip)
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- Basic scuba gear (available for rent)
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI DRIFT SPECIALTY COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
The PADI Drift Diving course is the perfect course if you intend on diving in Florida and the Caribbean. Even if you don’t, drift diving will teach you how to use ocean currents and rivers to your advantage so you can do less work, expend less energy and conserve your air. Learning how to determine current, how to swim to end up at your final destination and moving with the current are all skills vital to becoming a better diver.
DXDIVERS DRIFT DIVER COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 2 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we’re proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you’re certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don’t have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46’ Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we’re the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, both air and nitrox fills are included throughout the duration of the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
Yes! Actually, taking the speciality course can count towards your Drift adventure dive for Advanced Open Water. When scheduling the course, please tell us about your plans to take Advanced (AOW).
Yes! Whichever adventure dives you complete will count towards the first dive of each respective speciality. For example, the PADI Navigation Specialty requires 3 dives. For Advanced Open Water (AOW), Navigation is required to earn the certification. Once you complete AOW, you will only need 2 more dives to earn your PADI Navigation Specialty certification.