- Minimum certification: Junior Open Water/ Open Water
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Time commitment: 1 day (not including self-study)
- Total dives: 2 dives (1 trip)
- Complete self-study, either PADI manual or eLearning
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed
- Basic scuba gear (available for rent)
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool
- Underwater camera
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE PADI UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY SPECIALTY COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
The PADI Underwater Photography specialty is designed to teach you how to choose the best camera set-up for your needs, working composition to your advantage underwater and practical techniques that will result in great photos. Practical techniques include learning the PADI SEA method: Shoot, Examine, Adjust to capture the best photos. Learning how to properly use a camera underwater will lead to better quality photos so you can share all your Instagram-able moments with your loved ones!
DXDIVERS UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 2 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Certification card processing included in the cost of the course
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we're proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you're certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don't have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46-foot Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we're the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, both air and nitrox fills are included throughout the duration of the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
We actually do rent Paralenz cameras but we highly recommend purchasing your own and getting familiar with it before the course.
Yes! Whichever adventure dives you complete will count towards the first dive of each respective speciality. For example, the PADI Navigation Specialty requires 3 dives. For Advanced Open Water (AOW), Navigation is required to earn the certification. Once you complete AOW, you will only need 2 more dives to earn your PADI Navigation Specialty certification.