- Minimum certification: Open Water
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Time commitment: 1 day
- Total dives: 2 dives (1 trip)
- Completed medical release waiver with physician sign-off, if needed *This is not a PADI certification, course is provided to teach beginners to amateurs how to spearfish*
- Basic scuba gear (available for rent)
- Surface marker buoy (SMB) with finger spool
- Fish stringer
WHAT WILL I LEARN DURING THE SPEARFISHING COURSE WITH DXDIVERS?
This DXDiver spearfishing course was created for you to learn what to shoot, how to shoot and when. There is no formal self-study required, nor is there a certification card issued at the end of the course. We recommend the spearfishing course if you’re just getting into the sport and want instruction for hunting or if you want an expert’s advice. You’ll be diving with Charles Kiss, DXDiver’s Course Director and experienced spearo. This course is designed for scuba divers.
DXDIVERS SPEARFISHING COURSE EXTRA DETAILS
- We offer a discount on gear to all our students
- Free air or nitrox fills for your 2 boat dives
- Rental tanks will be included in the course if you don't own tanks
- Weekly hunting trips Thursday and Saturday mornings, where we put you on fish and make sure you put those skills to use
Glad you asked! Here at DXDivers, we’re proud to have an all encompassing facility and dive boat to provide a convenient and relaxing scuba experience. We have a full retail store equipped with over 100 diving brands and over 3000 unique products. On-site, we also have a training pool out back and several classrooms upstairs. Once you’re certified, check out our drive-thru tank fill station so you don’t have to lug your tanks through the store. Best of all, you can hop on our 46’ Newton custom dive boat, the Lady Go Diver, docked less than a mile from the shop. Did we mention we’re the only dive shop in South Florida to have both a full retail dive shop and our own charter boat? We manage every aspect of our operation to better serve you and provide the best possible diving experience.
Yes, both air and nitrox fills are included throughout the duration of the course. If you do not have your own tanks, rentals will be included.
On the Lady Go Diver, we provide complimentary light snacks, cold drinking water and soda. We highly encourage you to bring your own snacks and drinks so you can feel comfortable while diving with us.
No, at this time we do not rent spearguns. However, we do have various brands in stock that cater to the novice all the way to blue water and expert spearfishing like JBL, AB Biller, Riffe, Rob Allen, Koah and more.
No, this course is available by popular demand for those who want to get into spearfishing or would like more guidance on their spearfishing journey.